Thursday, September 15, 2011

And So We Begin...September 5, 2011


I am so excited about this journey, I can’t begin to explain or express it to you.  In some ways, I feel like how you feel when you first find out your pregnant.  The anticipation of the next 9 months, the vision of another pair of feet pitter pattering across the floor, and love for someone I’ve never even met yet.  To catch you up, we have submitted our formal application and it has been approved!!!  I’m praying that that means despite our age difference, despite a previous marriage for both of us, and despite Mark’s age of over 50, they see no problems with us adopting!  Our first home study meeting in Thursday at Bethany Christian Services.  The social worker said it is an informational meeting, contracts to sign, and whatever questions we have to ask (and we do have plenty).  She thinks it will take around 2 hours.  I will post again when the meeting is over and let you know how it went.
My new favorite verse that I think is so appropriate for this journey is Matthew 18:5  ”And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment