Thursday, March 14, 2013

Article 5!!

We are so excited to finally be telling you that we received Article 5 today! This is what that means according to our Bethany Hong Kong adoption process paperwork:

     The U.S. Consulate will issue the Article 5 letter and forward the letter to Social Welfare Department (SWD) for further processing.  The SWD processes the additional documentation in the Hong Kong courts to transfer the guardianship to the respective agency.  It takes six to ten (6-10) weeks after the Article 5 is issued to receive the High Court Order.   During this wait time the Hong Kong agency will arrange the visa medical appointment for the child. 

This was another major hurdle that we needed to get past and I'm so excited to be moving forward.  They will now start working on Noah's visa and passport documents and hopefully give him the video, pictures, and gifts we sent him a while back.  I am so thankful to my Lord and Savior for not giving up on me, despite my inability to learn patience.  At least now I know there is nothing left to do but wait and dream about life with Noah!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! That is great news! Another step closer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many times had you checked your email today??? :)
    Hope it goes by quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only about 3 times! Not to bad for an obsessively compulsive individual!!!

      Delete
  3. HOney, I'm so very happy for you and Mark and the rest of the family. I can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete