Thursday, March 21, 2013

World Down Syndrome Day 2013

As we come to the end of 3-21-13, World Down Syndrome Day, I reflect on my day and can't help but be amazed at where God has brought me in my life.  Two years ago, March 21st was just another day in my life.  The only thing to mention about this day, is that it's the day before my brother's birthday.  It still is the day before my brother's birthday, and that is worthy of mentioning, but it now represents a pillar day for me and my family.  I would never have dreamed that God would lay on my heart the desire to adopt, let alone adopt a child with special needs.  But He has and I am on fire about it!  I am eager to be a mom to Noah, and eager to become involved in organizations promoting awareness of Down Syndrome and special needs.  I'm eager to connect with other families who have children with Down Syndrome and form lasting friendships.  I can't wait until that World Down Syndrome Day when I can hug my own baby and let him know how special he is and that there is a wonderful day set aside for the whole world to acknowledge just how special he is!!  I'm shooting for 2014!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment